Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tag and Colorful Yoga


March has flown by on me! I can’t believe that this weekend I will be traveling to Lima for yet another YAV retreat. This time we are going to Ayacucho to celebrate Semana Santa (Holy Week). It’s amazing how much faster life seems to go when you are happy. Last week was filled with planning for the kids therapy group and visiting the shelter, which basically means my week was full of chasing around little kids! But a lot of hugs and kisses also. 

This past week’s therapy group theme was exercise. So we learned how to stretch and then headed to the park outside the office to run around. I planned a few races, but the Thursday group of kids quickly got tired of that and asked if they could play tag. So for a good hour or so, we all played tag, running around and laughing. I had forgotten how much fun (and how much exercise) a good game of tag can be!  My Friday group was a bit more difficult because only two of the kids showed up, plus it ended up being pretty hot outside, so I quickly reworked the plan to move inside and play twister. I’m pretty sure twister should be called “Colorful yoga” because I was working muscles I haven’t worked in awhile just to stay balanced! But both of the boys were in fits of laughter the entire time, and begged to play over and over. All in all both therapy sessions went well, and the kids that tend to be the most trouble actually did well, so I was relieved and incredibly happy with how everything went. Two more to go!

This past weekend was also a lot of fun; I rested a lot (due to my sore muscles from the therapy groups), but also ended up going to a birthday party for a friend, the talent show at the church, and the Pre-Inca Ruins with Esther (my new friend from Switzerland!)

                                           Esther on the energy rock at the ruins
                                       The main temple at the ruins

This week has been a bit more relaxed, since I don’t have the kids, but it has be busy helping the adolescent girls with their art project, while also preparing for my trip to Lima and finding some fun activities to do there. So far on the list is a bike tour through a section of Lima, visiting the zoo, going to see the Hunger Games movie, and searching out food that doesn’t contain rice and potatoes!

 The butterfly project with the girls! Now you can see where all the little hearts I cut out went

Hope this blog finds everyone well! So much love to all!

Each one of them is Jesus in disguise.


No comments:

Post a Comment