Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Livin' On A Prayer


I couldn’t have stumbled into March in a better way. Due to it being our halfway of the year point and it being summer vacation, the other YAV’s and I made the 20 hour bus ride from Lima all the way up the coast to Mancora, which is said to be some of the prettiest beaches in Peru (I won’t argue that point). We were completely spoiled with a house 100 yards from a private ocean and a pool in our front yard. Each morning we woke up for a devotional, and then quickly hit the beach or pool, in which we only returned for meals. We all pitched in cooking and cleaning, and were able to prepare some of our favorite American meals that we miss. Some of the highlights were fajitas, spaghetti with grilled chicken, and swordfish with mango salsa. Needless to say it was perfect. The group also got into a few competitive games of Dutch Blitz, our new favorite card game. All in all we had a wonderful, restful week in which we all did a lot of thinking as to how our last 6 months have gone, and how we want our next 5 months to go. 
                                                 Dutch Blitz time!

                                 The pool we had in Mancora, horrible right?


                                                 A view from the house!

When we returned to Lima, I had about half a day to get things settled, organized, and then get on the night bus back to Huánuco. I was luckily able to spend some more time with Laura and her boyfriend Oscar before they left for Colombia. We decided to head out to Callao and take a boat ride around the ocean, and really just explore a new part of Lima. I really enjoyed getting to see them again and spend some time with them. They will be truly missed and forever close to my heart.

Now I’m back in Huánuco: rested, preparing for a busy month, and just excited to see what the future brings. Hope all is well, much love from Peru!

"We're half way there, Livin' on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it - I swear
Livin' on a prayer" -Bon Jovi


1 comment:

  1. Great song choice!! Though, I cannot say that Dutch Blitz is my favorite card game I lost badly too many times. Glad you are back safe. How was the boat trip?

    ReplyDelete