Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Highlight Reel


With a little less than a week left in Huánuco, I can’t help but think over my time here in Peru. About how much I have changed, how much I have learned, the challenges I faced, the challenges I have overcome, and the challenges I continue to work on. I think about the wonderful friendships I have made, all the new things I have tried, and all the blessings I have been given. In order to fully celebrate my time here, I thought I would make a list of all the highlights and wonderful experiences I’ve had:

-I improved my Spanish by a mile
-I attended a wedding, a funeral, and a college graduation
- I ate guinea pig and alligator
- I visited Machu Picchu with my family
-I completed the Inca Trail with Sean and Mary
-I did a bike tour through Lima
-I learned how to drive a motorcycle (Don’t tell mom!)
-I visited “The best beaches in Peru” (Mancora, Peru)
-I attended the biggest Holy Week celebration in all of Peru
-I climbed waterfalls
- I lived in “The best climate in the world”
- I visited one of the highest cities in the world (Cerro de Pasco, 14,000 feet above sea level)
- I boated across the highest navigable lake in the world (Lake Titicaca)
-I illegally crossed over into Ecuador…oops!
-I practiced physical therapy
-I saw the first smile a girl had in months
-I helped teach a girl how to read
-I had a baby named after me
-I fell in love with a culture and a country

And of course so much more! 





I carry your heart I carry it in my heart
 -E. E. Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment