Sunday, August 14, 2011

Crazy is the Forecast All Week

So I leave in approximately a week for orientation in Stony Point, NY, and if you know me then you know that I have not packed a single thing. Sure I started a cardboard box full of things that I might take, but as of actually packing, nothing has been accomplished. I do have an excuse though, I still have one more week of Anatomy and Physiology at Portland State which includes two tests in a four day week. Then I get to go home, have dinner with my adopted grandparents, see my best friend from high school, pack (very quickly), and jet off to New York to meet my fellow volunteers. My mother tells me that the retreat center in Stony Point is one of the Presbyterian Church's nicest retreats, so I'm excited to see what is in store. I get asked if I am nervous a lot, and yes I am nervous, but then I get an email for Debbie (my site coordinator in Peru) about my host family or about bringing a bathing suit for our exotic beach days and I get so excited that nerves aren't even a question anymore. I have been dreaming about doing this for years and so I am exited that the time has come! But for now I have one more week of kidney and reproductive anatomy, off to study!

1 comment: